Unit directors play a very important role in the Cornell University United Way Campaign. Cornell employee gifts make up more than one-third of the total amount raised for Tompkins County. Every gift makes a positive difference.
Below are resources to assist the campaign volunteers in their efforts for planning a successful campaign.
Steal this Idea!
In this section, we will post ideas shared by other volunteers that you can use for your areas. Feel free to use anything posted here to boost participation!
Tools for a Successful Campaign
- 10 Steps to a Successful Campaign (PDF)
- Cornell United Way Core Messages (PDF)
- United Way of Tompkins County (UWTC) At-a-Glance (PDF)
- United Way FAQ’s (PDF)
- UWTC Partner Organizations (PDF)
- How Your UWTC Gift Makes A Difference (PDF)
- Hunger and Food Security (PDF)
- UWTC Community Care Fund (PDF)
- UWTC Special Initiatives (PDF)
Sample Campaign and Thank You Letters
- E-mails for communication with campaign volunteers will come from email@example.com. This e-mail address is managed by the Cornell United Way Campaign Office.
- Pledge cards and information regarding pledges will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. This address is managed by Kim Tilton in UFSC.